Boasts the magnificent views of Mountain Kilimanjaro across the Tanzania border, the park is situated in southern Kenya. It’s known for its large elephant herds, it offers panoramas of the peak and the park’s plains and swamps. Varied wildlife includes giraffes, zebras, cheetahs and hundreds of bird species. One of the area’s most special sightings is its red elephants, dyed by the ochre-rich soil.
- The area is famous for the dramatic views of Mount Kilimanjaro, the highest free standing mountain in the world, and the highest peak on the African continent.
- Famous for big herds of elephants.
- Temperature ranges from 20-30 c and rainfall from 200mm – 700 mm with 2 rainy seasons
- Size of 392 km² (151 sq mi)
- Kenya’s second most popular national park after the Maasai Mara national reserve
- Declared a UNESCO-Mab Biosphere Reserve in 1991
- Amboseli has an endless underground water supply filtered through thousands of feet of volcanic rock from Kilimanjaro’s ice cap, which funnel into two clear water springs in the heart of the park.
- Declared a National Park in 1974
Visit Amboseli National Park with Image Travel limited
The team of safari experts at Image Travel operate a number of tours which visit this prestigious park. Take a look at the following customisable iternaries:
- 9 Day Luxury Tented Honeymoon in Kenya
- 7 Day Luxury Honeymoon Safari
- 3 Day Amboseli National Park Safari
What’s more, you can add a visit to Amboseli on any of our handpicked Kenya safari tours.