Kenya’s most famous national reserve, the Masai Mara runs along the country south-west border with Kenya, just across the border from Tanzania’s Serengeti National Park.
The park is known as ‘Seven Wonders of the World”-The Great Wildebeest Migration
It is easily referred to the world’s wildlife cup, only to be witnessed in Kenya. This is a bucket list safari and must go tour. Masai Mara and the Serengeti National Park combined together offer what no other African reserve can! This is magical, incredible and now word can easily describe it.
There is nowhere else in the whole world you can find such an immense wildlife migration and movement as the wildebeest migration.
This annual great trek involves well over two million herbivore between Serengeti National Park in Tanzania into the green pastures Masai Mara National Reserve aptly located in Kenya. This happens ever July to October months.
The wildebeest migration crosses the swollen Mara River in Masai Mara teeming with Nile crocodiles that often prey on them. It is this river crossing that forms the highlights of the migration as the immensely high number of animals attempt and cross the Mara River alive. Some of the animals drown; others are preyed by the crocodiles while others make it across. Lions and other cats easily make a meal from the migrating wildebeests. The wildlife concentration is high and the Masai Mara plains never disappoints throughout the year.
- Great Migration – One of nature’s biggest wildlife spectacles is the wildebeest migration – watch in awe as the animals cross the Mara River for the Masai Mara (Jul – Oct).
- Glide over the Masai Mara in a Hot Air Balloon followed by an indulgent champagne breakfast celebration.
- Home to over 450 bird species.
- Wildlife haven, with the Big Five regularly spotted on game drives.
- Breath-taking views of the open plains
- The Masai Mara Ecosystem holds one of the highest lion densities in world.
- See Masai herdsmen graze their cattle side by side with predators and prey.
Visit The Masai Mara with Image Travel limited
The team of safari experts at Image Travel operate a number of tours which visit the iconic game reserve. Take a look at the following iternaries which can be customised to your preference:
- 9 Day Luxury Tented Honeymoon in Kenya
- 6 Day Experience Kenya Safari
- 4 Day Walking the Masai Mara Safari
What’s more, you can add a visit to Masai Mara on one of our Kenya safari tours.